Wednesday, May 23, 2018

end of junior year reflection

Projects this semester

Prom

The prom posters and tickets took roughly 3 weeks of class time. The challenges I faced were more or less with the golden mask on the sides, it very rarely worked with me and made the project rougher to work on. Along the way I learned how crucial class time is due to me being sick several days. I had very little feedback during critique besides to fix my colors with the gold (which at the time was still silver because I hadn't figured out the gold yet).  just fixed the gold. Im still not happy with the quality the project came out with and wish it could've been better.

Magazine

During this project we interviewed a local graphic designer and had to create a magazine layout with their art feeling and design. this project took another 3 weeks as the last one. I struggled mainly with my creative output for graphics. the wording I was okay with, I always found a way to make it work. I learned how sometimes the art and feeling will soon present itself, along with to not trust the server... My feedback was mainly with the struggling for my creative output on the project. I couldn't really change anything on this project however because all my work was on the server then the server crashed. I loved this project and the free ability to understand another artist, however I hate the server.

Tactical advantage, fictional company

In this project we created a company that provided a service or item. For me t was a company that provided map overview for planning for games so teams could make "plays". We have spent the last 4 1/2 weeks (I believe) creating this company, the logo, the mockups, web ads, brochure, infographic, and proof of sign up along with the merchandise item. My merchandise item was a "exp package" that allowed the player a head start on the website to begin leveling up early on. I faced a huge challenge in the process for the "merchandise item". I had little to no idea on how to wrap up or even begin to create an item that stuck with the website and its ability. We never had a critique for this company (that I remember) and it was all on our own. So therefor I didn't change anything. My true emotion for this project would have to be this is one of the best projects I've done all year. It gave me the ability to take my own personal interests and turn it into a company. It was fantastic and I couldn't be happier. 

Use of time in Class

My time in class has been used to the best of my ability in my honest opinion, besides the days I was sick. I finished early on several parts of my last project, so I worked on several personal project for friends and clients. I personally did a lot of researching for inspiration for my projects and learning shortcut commands for the programs.

Strengths

My strengths would have to be in using my ideas to expand in multiple directions along with color choice, the world of colors and how well/ bad they can work together is beautiful.

Weaknesses

I need to slowly work on the understanding of fonts along with my creative field, I keep myself locked in a creative box and I need to get out and explore.

Summary

This semester I loved our last project the most out of anything. I wouldn't change anything besides having my favorite teacher back! My over-all takeaway of this semester? That sometimes you just have to give everything to your everything. My goal for next year is to come ready to do more and not hold back. Thank you for another magnificent year!

No comments:

Post a Comment